Konova MSS-250 Motor System
Konova K7 Slider 100cm
KONOVA K7 SLIDER KIT FOR HIRE – 100CM
The K7 is Konova’s high-capacity slider, designed for larger camera setups, including rigged up Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Canon C100/C300 and Sony FS7. Made from durable aluminium and steel, Konova sliders are built to last and allow users to create fluid and dynamic movements with ease.
Konova sliders have been manufactured using high quality aluminium, with the steel rods and bearings ensuring smooth movement and high durability.
The Konova K7 sliders offers a much wider rail, further increasing the payload capacity. It’s made for larger camera systems, such as a rigged up Canon C300 or Sony FS7.
The Konova Slider is compatible with ENG camcorders, cameras such as the Sony F3,F5,F55,VG30 Canon C300,C500, Canon 5D Mark3, Canon 60D,Panasonic,Redone,Arri etc
The stable and smooth takes are the basic elements of the film art. Photos took accurately facilitate perception of content correctly and improve values of ultimate version of the movie.
- The slider has 3 pair of 1/4″ & 3/8″ screw in the base.
- It’s a prefect instrument for both personal & pro film art.
- The slider equipped with 2 oil sil for removing dust and water.
- Recommended ballheads : 0529H,0570H,MANFROTTO 701 / 501 / 503 head
- Industry standard mounting for use on tripods and other grip
- Integral bubble level to ensure correct levelling of shots
- Adaptable articulated feet for stability and correct balance when placing on the ground or other surface
- Modular system – large ecosystem of accessories
Mounting & Levelling
The underside of the main rail features three mounting points; one in the centre and one at each end. All three positions feature both 1/4” and 3/8” threads, so mounting on a tripod or other support can be done through these industry standard connections.
Built-in to the top of the rail is a small bubble level, making the crucial levelling process far easier.
Either end of the slider, where the articulated feet attach, are further 1/4” threads, so it’s possible to mount the slider fully vertically if required.
The main carriage features a 3/8” male thread, so industry standard tripod heads, such as the Manfrotto 500AH or 502AH will attach seamlessly.
The feet included with the slider are highly adaptable, as it’s possible to adjust the angle and length of each individual foot. This is useful for placing the slider on uneven surfaces.
Sliders aren’t simply for a horizontal tracking shot. Mount it vertically, diagonally, lean it against a wall – use your imagination!
Konova sliders are part of a large ecosystem of accessories. There are many options available which include:
- Motorised System – Smart and Basic system for time-lapse, stop-motion and live-motion control
- Master Pan – Automatic panning for subject tracking and parallax effect
- Fly Wheel – Counterweight to remove inconsistency from hand-driven movement
- Crank Handle – Pulley system allowing for operation of the slider from one end without moving with the carriage
- K-Riser – Mount 75mm/100mm bowl fluid heads to the slider carriage
- K-ARM – Length-extendable support arm when mounting slider on single tripod
KONOVA MSS-250 MOTOR SYSTEM FOR HIRE
- Fits on any K-Series (K3, K5 & K7) slider
- User-operated and automated real-time motion control
- Programmed move-shoot-move stop-motion and time-lapse capture
- Free control over move-shoot-move settings – total number of shots, interval time and movement distance between each frame
- Simple and quick setup process
- Physical limit switches built-in to avoid motor damage
- Includes camera release trigger cable – no need for separate intervalometer
- Belt is roller-bearing fed to the gear for snag free motion
- 1/4-20 threads on motor and motor mounting plate to attach accessories
The Smart Motorised System (MSS-250) from Konova provides a solution for real-time motion control and programmed shoot-move-shoot sequences on their K3, K5 & K7 sliders.Setting up the system is a fast and simple process. Once the motor mounting plate has been fitted to the slider carriage using the included hex screws, the consequential setup time takes less than 60 seconds. Only two components need to be fixed to the slider – the belt and the motor. The belt clamps to either end of the slider using the existing mounting hardware on the slider and the motor itself screws to the slider carriage using a single hand-tightened knob.
For real-time motion control, the carriage can be operated in two ways. The first allows the user to control the carriage in real time, using the controllers’ joystick to define a moving direction. Secondly, the controller can be setup to loop the same movement, with applications as an unmanned second camera, such as for an interview. In this mode, the limit switches are used as a trigger to change the moving direction.
As well as real-time applications, the Smart controller really shines in regards to programmed move-shoot-move sequences. The move-shoot-move system can be used for both user-controlled stop-motion animation and for natural time-lapse shots.
The Smart controller gives users total control over the time-lapse parameters. They are able to define independently the total number of shots to capture, interval between each shot and the carriage moving distance from one frame to the next.
To ensure exact synchronisation between the carriage movement and the frame capture, a camera release trigger cable is included to connect a DSLR or stills camera to the system. When connected, the Konova system will send a signal to fire the cameras’ shutter at the correct point during the sequence capture.
Konova also offer the M1 Smart Pan & Tilt Head. This can be combined with the MSS-250 and a slider for 3-axis programmed time-lapse sequences.
For 2-axis control, the MSS-250 can be fitted at the same time as the Master Pan. In this setup, only a single motor needs to be programmed, with the second axis set using the guide rail adjustment.
£75 / day – Whats included
Drive belt belt block, motor and limit switch cable, cover block for attaching to slider, canon camera release, connect box, ksc-10p cable, ac adapter and battery pack with AA insert.
Carry case for the controller and battery pack.
Insurance value £1200